Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 29, 2003, 11:51 PM   #1
Default getting darker landscape images...

I have recently bought a Kodak DX4330. All the images except landscape are coming fine. The landscape images are coming a little dark. I have to use the exposure compensation to capture the scenes.

Is there some problem with the camera or I have to change some settings? Please help!

nandan_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2003, 12:56 PM   #2

I dont know your camera and what settings you can adjust, but to me it sounds like you accidently change the lightmetering to something like spotmetering. You could check up on that.

Otherwise I cant come up with anything at this moment.

You could also contact Kodak support for help.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2003, 6:25 PM   #3

i have a dx4900 and sometimes the landscape mode seems a bit dark, try the autosetting and see if there is a difference. Maybe you changed a setting go through them and see if they are all on auto
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2003, 8:28 PM   #4

You cannot change any exposure settings other than image quality permanently. The moment you turn off the camera or switch modes any changes are lost.

I have a DX4330 myself and it doesn't have any light metering settings. The only settings you can change are exposure compensation and exposure time. No metering, aperture, white balance or focus settings there.

While the camera has a nice selection of operation modes, it is fairly automatic with little manual settings. It's good enough for the amateur photographer (like me) and gives good results if you know its limitations and work around them.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote