Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:09 AM   #1

I've recently acquired a Kodak P880 Zoom but I am rather insatisfied with the quality of the LCD display, dispite its size. On your (Steve's) review you stated that "This is an indoor/ outdoor type display with very good color and contrast", however the definition (pixelation) is much lower than one can find in other similar cameras, though often of a smaller display size. Is anyone having the same impression or is this maybe a problem specific to my camera of which I should contact the manufacturer? Is there any way of changing the LCD settings?

R.Pinheiro (Norway)

rpinheiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:26 PM   #2

It may be specific to that camera. I've been very satisfied with the LCD on my DX6490! It's only pixelated at night when the camera Gains up to show a night-time scene! But then it's clear as a bell when I review!

Dawg At Work!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:07 AM   #3

I own the P880--i have seem better displays--the new V610 has a solid one--but the P880's seems up to par. i have not seen many complaints on this or other forums...

there is a brightness setting you may wish to adjust...
kcmargulies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:39 AM   #4

It may physically be 2.5 inches in size but it is relatively low resolution having only 115,000 pixels. Many other 2.5" LCDs offer as much as 235,000 pixels. Kodak cut the cost so it could be sold cheaper - thanks tomodern marketing ...
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:50 PM   #5

Well, my P880's display never made me feel it was inadquate. Having twice the number of pixels only makes the image 40% sharper, because the linear resolution is the square root of the area. The viewfinder resolution is 237kpixels, but not noticeably superior.

If I want to see fine detail, the 10x magnification available does all I need in the field.

The big decision point for me was the 24mm-to-140mm zoom. And the excellent price-performance vs. other wide-zoom cameras.

Profk is offline   Reply With Quote