Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:20 PM   #11

despite a 1 year warranty, no one, and I do mean NO ONE!!! will cover water damage on electronics! Even extended warranty and replacement programs make water damage void the contract. It's labled (and rightfully so) as abuse/misuse of the product.

In this case, it's too late to do this, but most replacements can be accomplished on a "don't ask, don't tell" basis. If it doesn't look like it's been through a soaking, and you don't tell them that, chances are they will take it back (just complain of the resulting performance issues... i.e. poor autofocus). I'm not encouraging you to defraud kodak :? or any other company for that matter, but if you handle warranty claims diligently you will usually get your way.

Above all... do take more care with your camera! Even if this stains kodak's reputation for you (believe me though, many companies are far worse!), get a good bag for your camera, preferably water resistant, and keep your camera either in your hand or in the bag!
wizbummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:22 AM   #12

Your have only 2 choise

1. Dry the camera for about 48 hrs in sunlight ( not direct), also also remove the battery and after see wheter working or not and if not working

2. Go to Shop and repair it.

indianguy077 is offline   Reply With Quote