Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:19 AM   #11

hi Sara

Some accuse the Kodak company for oversaturating their pictures, but hey..... My wife loves the colours ( actually most of the times so do i :-))

She just told me a story of how she was showing of the 38-380mm lens on the camera to her friends! AND THEY SAY SIZE DOESN`T MATTER!! :blah:

anyway I think Kodak has become excellent atpushing affordablequality!
monx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:10 AM   #12

Welcome back sarah, glad to see you :-)
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:30 AM   #13

We have nice experienced and experimentalist crowd here.

Kodak's consumer cameras strong point is easy to use and great pictures right out of camera. Most of the time when I put images from my DX6490 in to ACD see software and ask for auto exposure, auto color , auto contrast-- software does nothing, that means image has already correct exposure, correct contrast and accurate colors. Though in about 20% shots I do need to tweak. But great Auto mode plus pretty accurate whitebalance is strong point of Kodaks.

Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:49 AM   #14

I like my Kodaks but I don't feel they are the best.

Deep deep down I think I would have been happier with a Panasonic and its Leica 12x optical zoom lens and optical image stabalizer.

As far as forums go this one gets a very high score in my book. This forum shows about a 10% average +/- reply to / number of people that read the posting!

I was (for a very sort time) in a forum devoted Windows video editing programand it was very common to see 200 readers of a thread but only 2 replies.

A review of the other Steve's forums also show a less than 10% reply vs readers per thread and a very high percentage of people with gripes (could be poor cameras, poor users or a combonation).

This Kodak forum stands out as it has a good blend of people with questions, answers and a willingness to share information and opinions.On some sites if you ask how or what did you use to get that picture you would run into people with "sporadic lock jaw"

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:13 AM   #15

MT! Good to see you back here!

Bill, I agree that some other brands provide sharper images and I think if I could go back to when I was about to purchase a "prosumer" level camera, I would buy another brand for THAT reason alone. In fact I would have scraped together some more money and bought a DSLR instead. That said, I've stated in this forum more than once that overall I am very satisfied with my P850 as a total balanced package and the subjective ergonomic "feel" of it in my hand.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:11 PM   #16

Thanks for the nice welcome back. It feels good to be here. However, when you don't see me posting next week, please don't be surprised, or think that I have disappered again. On 09/06 we head for Europe to do a workshop and I will be home again on 09/23 until 10/06 when we head to Hawaii to do three workshops.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote