Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 2, 2003, 10:26 AM   #1
Default S414 and Optio 33 L

There are limited discussions about the Pentax Optio 33 L. I like everything I have read about it (inlcuding no sound for movies - I am not buying it for movies). I am like a previous poster - I hate to buy it without more info even though Steve's reviews are so positive. I have also considedered the Minolta S414 (I know the differences). Is the S414 as bulky in your hand as it looks in the pictures? (My wife will be using also and she is a P&S person. Any comments or thoughts would be helpful. I have used a Pentax Super Program SLR For 20 years and a Pentax P & S 105 Zoom for 10 years. When I have borrowed Minolta film cameras, I have been impressed. Thanks.
asburydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:31 AM   #2

I have just got this camera and find it fits my hand - but, I would suggest it is essential that your wife tries it. I can imagine for smaller hands it could well feel bulky.

If it does fit, she will be very plased with it - it is easy to use and the results are in excess of anything I would have expected for the price.
brian1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2003, 2:32 PM   #3

Asburydan I own the previous Minolta model a S404 which is identical in size and shape. It is somewhat bulky compared to the new miniature stuff on the market.

However, as brian points out, If at all possible have her hold one and get a feel of the size and weight. I found it quite comfortable. And yes, at times I wish I had one of those crdeit card sized new technology but the fact is they are difficult to see and use especially if you are trying to compsoe a decent picture. For vacation snapshots they work great but for most other uses you might find them distracting.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote