Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 3, 2006, 5:57 AM   #1

I have a Konica-Minolta DIMGE Z5 und an Z3.

Problem, I have often Trouble with theAccus in the Z5.

The DIMAGE Z5Says: Battery empty. If iput the same Accu now inthe Z3. I can useit much longer. I assume that the Z5 Firmware is incorrectly or bugy.

I can't find any Firmware Update for Z5 on the Support Side http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com

My Z5 has the Software/Firmware"DIMAGE Z5 Ver.1.01e"

Has sameone a newer update or a link to a newer Firmware ?

Can i Install the Z3 Firmware on the Z5 ?

does someone have an idea?

flinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2007, 1:24 AM   #2

Same issue here with Z5. It's either firmware or a misaligned trim pot (for adjusting the voltage reference). Could not find the service manual (I'm into electronics), so I learned to live with it...

What's most annoying is the fact that the "red battery" condition shuts down the image stabilizer, otherwise the camera can still be used for some hundred photos (tens with flash) after the low battery alert is issued.

I don't know of any new firmware (from time to time I visit

I would like to see this battery issue corrected, as well as an increased exposure time (much more than the present 4 seconds maximum), but our chances are minimal as the camera is discontinued. I think the only hope might come from someone hacking the original firmware -IF someone can get it, somehow...

NO, I don't advise you to try Z3 firmware on Z5! Unless you want to give up on it anyway. The results might be interesting for a Behavioral Electronics Engineer studying Chaos Theory :?
razvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:46 AM   #3

I have written to Sony (now they took over the support too) starting from this page:

I strongly suggest other users that have the same problem to address their issues to Sony (actually, I'm sure they are the ex-Konika Minolta employees), hoping that this could generate an answer to our problem.
razvan is offline   Reply With Quote