Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 14, 2002, 7:57 PM   #1
Default dimage s404

Just bought s404 a couple days ago, and I need some feedback. Why does it get so hot while using? is that normal? My only other digicam experience is w/ an olympus c3020. I don't know if I'm imagining it, but the olympus seemed to take better pics, and the batteries lasted about twice as long. I'm considering returning it. Please advise. Thanks
kateyw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2002, 9:12 PM   #2

memory buffer clearing. minolta tries to clear the buffer rapidly so you can shot again quicker. i have a D7i. i refer to it as the undocumented right handwarmer feature. i had a D7. there has been no ill affect in either camera. i must have put at least 1500 shots through the D7 and about 400 through the D7i so far. the cf card gets kind "warm" too. they do tend to have an appitite for batteries. it has been discussed to death in this forum. outputwise i can put out an outstanding 11x14 also my 8x10 almost look 3D at times. you should produce real good 8x10
i prefer cf cards over smartmedia i use 256 and 512 mb cards. smart media is just putting out 256 mb. remember each of us has brand preference. i own a nikon F5 and N90s for my business uses. i had a coolpix 990. i liked the D7i for its range and capability.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2002, 1:24 PM   #3
Default Hmm

There are some bad CF/battery combinations that create more heat than others I think. 1800 nimhs and a faster cf card will reduce. I've only heard of this being a real problem in the D7 series-- the S404 may get warm, but it shouldn't get uncomfortable to hold. All of my pictures have been excellent with it so far.
whittonj is offline   Reply With Quote