Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:03 AM   #1

This evening, I called Sony technical support to which I was quoted $228 for replacing the CCD chip although I followed the directions from the phone operator to determine if the CCD chip is out of service. I have been out of business for 6 months now where my DiMAGE A1 has been disabled because of this.

Sony does not give a $#!+ about the CCD issue even if the camera is out of warranty; all they needed is the proof of purchase to which they are of no help; the Houston Metro area does not have a reputable camera repair facility to which I can have the A1 repaired. This has been a nightmare to which I will be selling a damaged A1 as is on eBay if this is not resolved. I already have a case # invoice which I have not filled out yet; for those who have purchased defective products from Minolta - take my advice - don't deal with a lemon.

MINOLTA PRODUCES $#!++Y PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
montrosepatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links