Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 24, 2003, 2:19 AM   #1
Default New test of Z1

You can find a new test at "http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/Z1/Z1A.HTM".
In this test is Z1 a very good camera. No problems!!!
Are people who are testing cameras receiving different types of cameras or, as it is, they use a different methodology?
CA is very strong in one test, is acceptable in another and quite "normal for this kind of tele" in another. Pictures are "very sharp" in one test, good in another and "too soft" in the 3th. Everyone is critical about the mirror system but no one is worring about the durabilty of the system. Not a word about the push-buttons which are good for a Lego toy.I have had a Sony MVC-FD92, a Fuji S602 and a Canon A60. I never feeled to have a toy in my hands. My results with Z1 are variable from so-what to good, but I notice that as in almost digital cameras I can't find the same sharpness with panorama as with old SLR cameras. At short or medium distance is OK, but look at the threes or a building and You can se what I mean. I regret just that I sold my Fuji S602. A complete camera but it was too big for me to have it everywhere!!!
How fool I am! as some singer sings!!!!
foffodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2003, 9:32 AM   #2

I agree with you. I returned my Z1 on the same reliability issues.

The lens shake and rattling noise, flimsy battery compartment door, AF noise during movie recording, Audio-Video Syn, Doubtful operation of LCD/EVF switch, cheap plastic body, lens cap. I am a bit surprised to see that Steve did not mention any of these things in his report! Then what is the purpose of such reviews?

Minolta did a lousy job in product engineering. They tried to cut corners to reduce the cost but at the expense of reliability.

For those who change their digicam every season it might be okay for me who is considering this as a one time investment it is a very big issue.

Sharp LCD, excellent images all sound good provided the camera works!

gokhalesuhas is offline   Reply With Quote