Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 7, 2003, 1:45 PM   #11

To add to sjms comment regarding the A1... Dont forget its preview feature. Like everyone is aware on most dSLR one is limited to review only (ie after the picture is taken) the A1 allow you to preview through its Electronic View Finder. So yes EVF do have fault like the need for zoom in to manual focus but it does have its benefits too! 8)

This is the nicest feature that I missed on my D7 when I switched to the 10D, especially when the camera is on full-manual. Try to shoot a night scene with a dSLR, you always have to review the images or take a guess at the metering indicator... With the A1 (or the older D7's) you can see live view of the images that are going to be stored to flash along with a real-time histogram that you can fine tune with both the shutter or aperture dial!

The A1's Image Stabilization(1/20s @ 200mm) is also a nice to have... One has to get IS on all the Canon lenses or larger aperture lenses to be comparable which'll add more cost to the outfit.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote