Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 9, 2003, 6:23 PM   #1
Default Picture Quality of XT

I know this has probably been beaten to death as a question, but ive been considering this camera for a while, and have visited several sites, there are some pics always posted, but some seem fairly nice untill i click and open them, then it looses quality pretty quickly. My use for the camera would be general pics,, inside and closeups of some items i make for sale. The size seems so convenient, I would really want this camera to work for me,, but I def want qulity pics also.. Most of shots i would take would be used on the net, not printed out,, can anyone give me some first hand feedback on this camera in that respect. Also would be great if I could get some shots emailed to me to see how they work on the net. Im a newbie with digital pics,,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2003, 4:01 AM   #2

Jerry, if you have any doubts, look at the g500 as an alternative.

Quality is great, the macro works beautifully for shooting small items, and it's the best deal on 5mp you'll find. Nice marks in reviews, and I'm loving mine.
Tom Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 10:39 PM   #3

If you aren't even printing out the pictures, but using them on the 'net, why not consider the X20?

It costs less, is 2.0 MP (still overkill for 'net), uses the same lens and has the same form factor as the XT.

Pro's over the XT:

- uses standard AA batteries (2) so you can use cheap 2000 mAh Nimh cells (XT uses proprietary 750 Mah Li-ion)
- case is plastic so it is lighter
- cheaper

- no optical viewfinder
- case is plastic so not as durable as the XT metal case
- 2.0 MP vs. 3.2 MP (but shouldn't matter with your intended use)

Check out the sample pictures and review of the X20 in Steve's Digicams.
Mystery905 is offline   Reply With Quote