Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 15, 2003, 10:57 AM   #1
Default 7i: freeze, later images are too bright and blue

Hi everybody!

I am looking for help with the following problem:

Yesterday my 7i froze (couldn’t be switched off, LCD showed very bright and blue image), the only way to bring the camera back to life was to remove the batteries. So far nothing unusual (a lot of people posted on the web about this problem).

After that the camera started to misbehave. The image on LCD/viewfinder is OK., but the saved picture is a way too bright (several stops; sometimes the image is plain white) and too blue. When ISO is changed to higher one, the problem gets even more severe; playing with white balance changes very little. Exposure the camera measures is OK (compared to other cameras), all the compensations are set to zero. To make it short, the camera now is useless in any conditions other than a very (and I mean it) deep shadow.

I hope the problem is a software one and a REALLY HARD reset may help, but I couldn’t find any info about how to do it. I also thought about upgrading to 1.11e firmware (I have 1.10e), but Minolta’s European site seems to be half dead (at least I couldn’t get through to the upgrade). Also I am not sure upgrading will help. Taking the camera to Minolta is a last resort since where I live they charge a fortune just to look at the equipment, and my camera is out of warranty.

Any help will be most appreciated.
crocodile_1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2004, 9:14 AM   #2

Does it still do this?

Remove batteries from the camera for a few hours and try again.

Was the camera 'zapped' by static?
What temp./humidity was the camera in at the time?
videobruce is offline   Reply With Quote