Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 22, 2003, 5:55 PM   #1
Default Dimage 7Hi Program Shift function Help!

The manual of the Dimage 7Hi says there is a "Program Shift" mode. To my understanding the manual on page 53 says in the Program mode you can do the following:

1. Push the shutter button half way down until apeture and shutter speed show up
2. The control dial can be used to shift the shutter speed and apeture combinations, each combination will give optimum exposure.

I have been unable to get this function working. Does anyone know how to get this to work from the program mode or what I may be overlooking to get it working? Thanks!
sandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:16 PM   #2

The manual is not very clear about this. In fact, you donít have to keep the shutter button at half way. This is should be explained as this:
- In program mode, depress the shutter-release button half way until the shutter speed and aperture are displayed.
- Then release the shutter button, the display will remains a few seconds allowing you to shift the program parameters by turning the control dial.
- Depress the shutter again (half to focus, then all the way to shoot , as normal shooting) to make use of the newly selected combination of speed/aperture.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:32 PM   #3

... Also try the program shift outdoor.

Indoor you can only decrease the shutter speed since the camera usually would already have picked the fastest shutter that could be used (ie the control dial has no effect one way)!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote