Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 5, 2003, 4:57 PM   #1
Default Z1 or KODAK DX6490

Is better Minolta Z1 or KODAK DX6490???
Kodak have 1Megapixel more than Minolta but is not very fast than Z1.
Kodak it very reduces the dimensions of the images...
what I buy?
oradmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2003, 11:53 AM   #2

Look @ 4 things. Lens quality, Metering system, how it feels in your hands, & will it give you the final output you are looking for. One of the main ones is how it feels in your hands. I personally like the way the Kodak feels mor than the z1. It feels a bit more solidly constructed. Plus SChnieder Kruznach (Did I misspell?) lenses are pretty darn cool. The Kodak rep showed us a 20x30 from it and it looked great. Granted, Genuine fractals does a pretty good job and I don't know if they used some software like it to get it but we assumed that it was right from the cam.
D-Lemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 6:26 AM   #3

I would also be concerned about that mech. mirror system for the VF on the Z1. I have my long term doubts about this.

Wait for the price of the 6490 to come down.
videobruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:33 PM   #4

From my experience with a Minolta S414 and a KodakDX4300 -as well as knowing Scneider makes excellent lenses for large format film cameras- I'd say go with the Kodak. If my DX4300 had a lens as sharp as the Schneider I wouldnt have gotten this Minolta. Its a bit over my price range at the moment though- so I settled for the Minolta in a factory refurbished auction for 1/2 the retail price- something I cant do with the Schneider/ Kodak.The S414 is better than the DX4300 but Kodak comes out with a great overall "feel"- -matched with a Shcneider lens- it's gotta be really good
NikonAISNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:44 PM   #5

I like the Kodak except for the excessively high JPG compression. That limits your total quality. The extra Mp would make up for that probably, but it is still a little lame to have that level of compression IMO.

I like the big LCD and the dock would be handy if you have the desk space. I hope Kodak has started a trend with a powerful flash and that big LCD. Low light focus seems good and speed not bad. Steve got good pictures with it.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote