Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 7, 2003, 6:23 PM   #1
Default Minolta Dimage-XT Fill-In Feature

Minolta Dimage-XT...Just returned this Compact Digital Camera. Although I liked its compact size, I was REALLY disappointed with the flash "Fill-In" feature: I need the flash to go off EVERYTIME I take a photo for my work pics--It just didn't happen (I take everything with flash--a tip I got years ago from Johnny Carson's Tonite Show photographer). It has its own rechargeable battery, but no matter how long I waited, it was EXTREMELY inconsistent [it may go off for the 1st photo and then nothing].

I programmed and reprogrammed it using everything I could find in the owner's manual to no avail [figured it was an incompatible setting with the fill-in feature]. I even emailed the Minolta tech support but never got a response after one week of waiting.

A 2nd & 3rd disappointment were the Memory & Color Monitor: Not enough & too small respectively. In fairness, it seems most of the D.C. memory cards are small (16mb?) and the monitors dinky. I'm sure the manufacturers are banking on extra bucks for an immediate card upgrade. Even Casio who's compact digital camera is smaller than this model has a bigger monitor.

My two favorite film camera manufacturers have always been Minolta and Olympus. I guess things change with new technology...and the search continues.
azipcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links