Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 8, 2002, 8:43 AM   #1
Default Charger differences

Not a scientific comparison - charged batteries in the Sanyo Quick Charge included with the D7i and then put them in the Quest charger. They were in the Quest charger for more than a hour before the LED's flashed 'charged.
Have 3 sets of batteries now. 1 set of Quest platinum 1800, a set of Sanyo 1850, a set of Quest gold 1600's.
Odd that most stores carry 1600's. Only a camera store sold 1800's.
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2002, 2:09 PM   #2
Default ??

Your charging until indicates fully charged in you Sanyo charger... then putting them into the Quest charger for another hour or more until that charger also indicates fully charged? Did I understand your post correctly?

Seems that I've read somewhere that this is will reduce the life of the battery and possibly a dangerous practice. OK to 'top off' if they've set unused for maybe a couple of weeks and have lost some their charge, but not just after fully charging. Has anyone else seen anything on this or am I just dreaming?

Also I think my local discount store sells 1600, 1700, & 1800 NiMH. But then this in not an urban area and there is no local 'camera store'. ar
A Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote