Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 8, 2002, 10:59 AM   #1
Default Need HELP with my D 7i

Hi everybody, I need help from you experienced users.

I bought a Dimage 7i a week ago and have fun with it since. It's a great camera, but I have a bug somewhere and I don't know what it is. Here is my problem:

When I take photos in portrait format (by turning the camera sideway), then download them on my computer, I have portrait photos which I have to turn 90 degrees to look at them right (don't want to have to turn my screen sideway ). So, using my Dimage Viewer software I turn them 90 degrees, but the process is not as simple as described in the manual. When I turn an image I have to save it as a new file, or replace the old file by this new file. Afterward, when I look at that photo on my computer (after the turning process), the photo is well oriented and everything seem to be OK. But when I upload those photos on the camera again (to look at them on my TV set), the photos that I get (all those that have been turned) on the camera LCD or EVF, and on the TV set, are well oriented but very very small.

There is something I'm doing wrong somewhere and don't know what???

My computer OS is Windows 98 second edition v. 4.10

Many thanks to all of you,

[Edited on 8-9-2002 by jac712]
jac712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2002, 4:48 PM   #2

You aren't doing anything wrong, just doing something that few people would want to and Minolta probably didn't anticipate. I won't try to second guess the D7's programmers but they probably use a different scaling method when the vertical dimension of the strored image is greater than the 1920 pixels of the normal image.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a portraid mode switching for the video output when in recording mode as I sometimes use a TV to monitor sessions. I never use a TV to review shots after though.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2002, 7:01 PM   #3

Many thanks Padeye for your answer. BTW, I couldn't write your nick without a smile... it's well adapted to your viewfinder

Like many of us, I use my computer to look back at my digital pictures and my problem is not there.

The problem is when I want to show the pictures I took during my vacations on my old pa and ma's TV set (which don't have computer). If I understand well your answer, I'm able to show them my landscape oriented pics, but not my portraid ones without a head tilting session (which is very uncomfortable for their old necks).

So, as I understand it, the D 7's programmers gave us the opportunity to organize a diaporama session of our pictures on a TV set for the family, forgetting that we can also take portrait oriented pictures.

All right.... is there a way to correct the situation, beside turning old pa and ma's TV set on its side?

Thanks again Padeye,
jac712 is offline   Reply With Quote