Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:56 AM   #1
Default Which camera?? LC33, Z1 or A70

Hello all,
I need some input. I'm looking at Minolta Z1, Panasonic LC 33 and possibly Canon A70.
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons. I quite confuse, I have read a lot of reviews. Like for Z1 there is problems with low light and "purple eye" problem. Somthing about some pictures turning purple on you. But big plus is the zoom.
LC33, limited light problem and unable to add filters and very limited accessories. lack of manual features.
A70, hmm... just about it size and almost none other about it cons.

I'm looking for a camera, that are good with taking senery shots, and would be good if the auto would be able to capture what i see, I have seen some camera that's hmm... the color don't really reflect what i see, this is very evident in Sony digicam, esp taking photos of the sky with the afternoon sun.
In summary, which camera is with the following

- senery pictures like the sky with strong sunlight
- night shots like the sea with almost no light, maybe with moonlight
- taking photo of the city during the night.
- To have control if the picture taken is not too good, twitch with the controls etc.

Which of the camera above is the best? Value for money, or value for money that suits my needs?

Thanks in advance
steventan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2003, 11:03 AM   #2

Have you actually gone to a CAMERA STORE and gotten a hands on demo. I would stongly advise that in addition to reading reviews and monitoring forums. I made the big mistake of reading up only, on the particular minolta I eventually purchased. I wish I had done for myself what I just advised you to do. I would have saved myself a lot of frustation.

As far as night shots are concerned Minolta's are notorious for "noisy" ie grainy night shots. I would make sure that the camera I choose had a noise reduction feature.

Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote