Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 11, 2002, 11:20 PM   #1
Default 7i Printing problems

Hi, we're having a few challenges with or new 7i. We'll address the printing situation first. We came from a Kodak DC290, great photo quality, easy to use, great prints on A3 sheets when printing on our Epson photo 1200. Our new 7i, when printing from the same printer provides very grainy prints. On the screen the pics look pretty good, maybe a shade flat, it's printing them where we're having the problem. We tried sending a few to Kinkos to see how their printer did, it was the same.

We have every setting at default, except we tried Super Fine and Fine, the higest resolution setting and have changed the ISO to 100, then used a tripod and remote control because of the camera shake warning (we'll address that next). We are not using the 7i software, we're using Photoshop 6.0, the first tech at Minolta we talked to said he used PS too. He said the pics can come out a little more vibrant with the 7i software, but it wasn't that noticable, and he liked PS better. The second tech said after a 30 minute call and consultations on his end, that we needed the 7i software to fix the problem. The problem is we're still running Mac OS 8.6 here and can't run the 7i software, We hate OS updates, they always cause problems, and we have some programs that won't run 10. We use the camara for personal use and at our agency, we have work coming up in the next couple of weeks where we'll need to use the camera, we're busy and don't have a lot of time for a learing curve
Is the 7i software really needed, is this the best we can expect with PS? Is it Photo Shop? Any help would be greatly appreciated...HELP!
Todd & Jen
Upalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links