Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 12, 2002, 7:49 PM   #1
Default S404 ONLY $399.99

Hey, you might want to check this link out! Pretty good deal for this camera from what I can find! Good Luck!
erber@iche.org is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2002, 7:52 PM   #2

SORRY! I gave the wrong link above, this is the right one!
erber@iche.org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2002, 9:41 AM   #3
Default Genral Buying Rules

Just some ideas on buying a digital camera.
1. If the price is too good to be true ($50-200 cheaper than reliable stores) then there's probably a catch.
2. Never buy from an online store that claims- item may be non-US or greymarket item- avoid store if they don't have a policy listed that their merchandise is NOT gray market.
3. If they push you to call a 1-800 number instead of buying online- they want you to call so they can try and sell you overpriced accessories. If you don't buy accessories- some of these shops will actually just put your camera on permanent back-order until you get fed up and cancel your order.
4. Check cnet or other site that rates online retailers.

Some other info: Yahoo provide online retail services but takes no responsibility if you get ripped off by someoen using their services- they aren't official Yahoo approved sites or anything.

Some sites (like the one mentioned in this post) put a disclaimer that prices on website may be inancurate or may have changed since last updated. That's called baiting and it's illegal to do in print advertising- I'm not sure why it isn't in the US on the web.

If they ask you for a credit card number right off hang up.

I've been told that an item is in stock, then been told that it's on back-order when I didn't buy enough add-ons, people have tried to sell me lenses that didn't work with the camera I was buying, I've been charged for back-ordered items.

Buyer beware.
whittonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2002, 9:47 AM   #4

Happy campers...Not

Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote