Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 28, 2011, 9:58 AM   #1
Default Dimage 7 screen issues, please help!

Hi, hopefully this is the right section to post in.
My wife's Dimage 7 has a staticy screen when turned on, which also shows up on photos (lines and bars). We have to turn it off and on several times to get it to work, and lately not even this has helped. I did a software upload, and the problem persisted.
I have changed batteries and continue to have the same problem, both for rechargeables and for regular alkaline.

We're Self-supported missionaries, so every penny counts. Is the camera done, or is there something simple I can do to try and repair it?
Lixothetinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2011, 10:39 PM   #2

Might be the FFB or first frame black issue. It was a problem with the Minolta sensors and I had it fixed on an A1 and my D7 for free by Sony. I am not sure if they are still doing it, but it might be worth an email to them to see if they are still fixing it for free.
Harleysheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:19 PM   #3

I had the same problem with my DiMage 7i, its a known fault, I bought mine off a friend who told me there is a place that does a fix for this problem, I think he said it was free or cheap, he had this same problem before he sold it to me, he had sent it to them and he got it back and was fine, but unfortunately it has developed the same fault again as you have described, I will try and find out where he sent it . . .

Last edited by Mr Dee; Feb 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM.
Mr Dee is offline   Reply With Quote