Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 11, 2004, 5:49 PM   #1
Default Blue haze over Z1-photo's?

I've started a gallery where people can upload pictures which displays a certain quality aspect of a certain camera because I want to buy a new one in the near future (next month ). http://gallery.kmfstudio.com/dsample/

For now my choices are between the Minolta Z1 and the Panasonic FZ10.

But I've noticed that one picture a member posted for the Z1, there is an obvious red/blue haze over it. Is this a common thing?

Here is one photo (click for bigger image):

And here is another posted by another member of my page:

As you can see, both of them have a reddish, blue haze. I'd really like to know if this is a common problem. Can somebody post some pictures to show the opposite?
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2004, 4:34 PM   #2

I think maybe this is a colour cast caused by incorrect use of the white balance function!

This can be prevented with a correct white balance setting or easily fixed in Photoshop!

Nothing to worry about!
stephendickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 4:08 PM   #3

I don't think auto white balance is ever absolutely perfect, certainly in dull daylight. But the small amount I can see on these pics is pretty close. I noticed a similar thing with my S414.

Curiously, the same amount of correction in PS was needed each time, so this just might be in their margin for error. The other problem I had was in lowish daylight, the flash would fire (I often didn't realise this), using a different preset white bal, screwing any auto daylight colour balance completely. I use mainly preset fixed white bal now - makes the camera quicker and more consistent in low light. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote