Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 17, 2004, 5:27 PM   #1
Default minolta A1 vs sony dsc 828

I'm not a pro photographer , just an amatueur. I need help to choose a digicam between this two. I know about sony's problem with purple fringe and minolta image noise and the problem with manual focus, but minolta's features a very nice.
Any help or just a choice and why is apreciated.
soulfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2004, 8:01 PM   #2

I believe the image stabilization (Anti-shake) feature of the A1 is great, especially for amateurs that want to use zoom and don't carry around a tripod, and outweighs the very little noise you may or may not see.
Not sure what you mean about the manual focus problem. I assume you are refering to the fact the A1 has an EVF which makes manual focus difficult (if not impossible). The A1 has two auto-focus modes - which both work well so you have to ask yourself how often you think you might use manual focus.
I believe both a good cameras. I have been happy with my recently purchased A1 thus far.
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 7:23 AM   #3

The film camera companies seem to have a much better choice of dedicated flashes. Canon, Minolta, Olympus, Nikon all have good TTL dedicated flashes for the digital cameras. Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba...etc? What is available?
sjm817 is offline   Reply With Quote