Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 31, 2004, 9:54 AM   #1
Default f200 vs s414?

Which are the main differences?
Which has more quality fotos?
Thanks to everyone!!
hmedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2004, 11:18 AM   #2

They are both 4Mp with the 1/1.8 sensor, which should give decent noise characteristics. They both have B&W status windows, which I find very useful in optical viewfinder cameras. The F200 is the smallest camera I know of with such a window. They both have continuous focus and very good shutter delay when pre-focused. They both have manual focus and exposure.

The F200 will fit in your pocket where the 414 is a large camera.

The F200 has tracking focus along with continuous Ė not sure I like that with an optical finder but you can turn it off.

The F200 has a sensor so it knows which way the camera is oriented so you donít have to rotate the images you take with the camera held vertically.

The 414 is 4X zoom where the F200 is 3X.

The 414 uses CF where the F200 uses SD. CF is cheaper although SD has come down in price quite a bit lately. Unless you plan to buy handheld Windows CE or Palm device that takes SD, CF is a little better deal.

I think the F200 comes with a charger and NiMH batteries where you have to buy them with the 414. The F300 comes with a charger so Iím guessing the F200 does.

The F200 is evidently not sold in the States, so I havenít found a really good review in English. The 414 tests out very well and is a bargain for a 4Mp 4X zoom camera: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/S414/S414A12.HTM I would ask about the F200 on the Minolta forum at www.dpreview.com People on the forum really seem to like their F300s and you might find some F200 owners. There are quite a few 414 owners who post here. VOX thinks the 414 is a battery hog, but that isnít that big a deal with AAs Ė spares are cheap.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote