Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 6, 2004, 1:31 PM   #1
Default minolta f200 v pentax 450 v casio z4

anybody got theses cameras? i do most of my picture taking in full auto mode indoors and at night 7x5 prints any help advice on thiese cams as im thinking og buying somthing small to slip in my pocket
thank you
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2004, 3:08 PM   #2

The Pentax has a nice zoom range and the Minolta is an overall good camera, but the only one you are likely to slip in your pocket every day and carry all the time is the Casio. None of them are spectacular low light focusing machines, but they are adequate. Iíve learned tricks like pre-focusing on something the same distance with better light or contrast Ė the difference in ambient light makes no difference with a flash shot.

Add the Pentax S4 to your considerations. It is a little smaller and lighter than the Z4. It doesnít have the great 2 inch LCD or docking station, but it is cheaper the last time I checked and is a more competent camera IMO. Steve had problems focusing the Z4 in low light but thought the S4 did well. It has the same Pentax lens as the Z4.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote