Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 9, 2004, 2:02 PM   #1
Default New Z2 Pics!

Thats right, i am the best! :lol:
officer_nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2004, 3:07 PM   #2

i have seen pics of it,
but not those, there are more then i saw
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 6:42 AM   #3

do you think the conon s1 is going to give a run for its money and you think minoltas going to iron out the problems they had with the z1? like the purple fringeing??
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 1:17 AM   #4
Default In short, yes

Well, for the purple fringing I think they had better fix it if they dare to call it a GT lens, otherwise it cheapens their name. I own a Z1 and in general I like it but the CA is infuriating at times. (Incidentally I was looking at a pic I took with the Z1 just before I got here and was amazed at how it managed to get little stars of CA on my beard... (my beard was wet at the time). Backlit trees are one thing but beards are another...

That having been said, I like Minolta but I think the Canon is going to wipe the floor with it. For one thing the lower-end consumer it's aimed towards knows the Canon name better, and besides that it's image stabilized which is a huge selling point. In fact the only negative I can see about the Canon is that there's no flash hotshoe and for most people in this price range that doesn't matter.

I like that Minolta (hopefully) addressed the issues in the Z1 but I really think Canon is going to steal their glory here... Minolta needs AS to be competitive (or they need to sell it for at least $100 less than the Canon. The Canon is $500 MSRP so probably $400 street for the first month or two and then $350 or so for a bit after that, and having to sell the Z2 for the $250-$300 which I think would be necessary to draw any customers away from the Canon would be a real blow to Minolta (after all the Z1 still sells for about $300 now, and that's at the discounters (i.e. buydig))

bob877 is offline   Reply With Quote