Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 10, 2004, 6:42 AM   #1
Default where's the review on the A2?

Waiting to see if your review is the same as my assessment of the camera's photo quality, even as a newbie. I find them soft, and with some color issues. Anxious to see if it's just me, or really the camera. I'm thinking about sending it back for the Nikon Coolpix 8700.

The picture comparisions at this site seems to confirm what I'm saying.

hangloose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2004, 6:54 AM   #2

This is a big topic of discussion on another web site. The consensus is, Minolta gears their cameras to more of the experienced users. It does less in camera processing, leaving that up to the photographer to set the color, contrast, sharpening, etc themselves either in with camera settings or post processing. Other brands do more in camera sharpening and color/contrast enhancement by default. Many people do not like that since it can not be undone. It depends on what your preferences are.
sjm817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2004, 5:28 AM   #3

I agree. Yes, the A2 does tend to produce fairly flat images straight off the camera but they do vastly improve with the minimum of effort. I use ACDSee 6.03 and just clicking auto exposure leaves the pictures (generally) perfectly acceptable. If I do decide to add a little more or less contrast etc - I can. Had the camera applied all the adjustments, further manipulation would not be so easily accomplished. You can also set the camera to provide harder sharpening and more vivid colors - but I think it's far better to perform these tasks on a computer.
irivlin is offline   Reply With Quote