Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 10, 2004, 7:33 AM   #1
Default New on Z2

At p.67 of Z2's user manual:
The optical zoom can be used while a movie is being recorded. If the sound of the zoom is intrusive in the audio track, the zoom can be disabled in the movie menu (p. 44).
A 4X digital zoom is available during recording when the optical zoom is turned off.

Camera notes.
When using the continous AF focus mode (p. 57), the noise of the AF motor may be audible.
Change the focus mode to single-shot AF in section 2 of the movie menu to prevent the AF motor from operating during recording."

This seems to me to be a new firmware but Minolta answered us that there was not need for a new to Z1.

Is this not just a new firmware?

At p.90.
To conserve battery power, the camera will shut down if no operation is made within a certain period. The length of the auto-power-save period can be changed to 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes. When the camera is connected to a computer, the auto-power-save period is fixed at ten minutes. Auto power save is set in section 1 of the setup menu (p.88 )."
I wonder if will be 1 min. anyway as for Z1.
foffodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2004, 4:33 PM   #2
Default Bah!

Those wily demons! I'd love to be able to use zoom during recording, even if it can be heard! and I'm SURE it's just firmware. Grr... (still likes his Z1 but is annoyed with Minolta)
bob877 is offline   Reply With Quote