Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 22, 2004, 10:50 PM   #1
Default Converting videos

This is kind of a weird question, but I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've been messing around with my Minolta Dimage Xt, and I got a neat idea. Why not use it for video playback, I mean it's got A/V out! I took some video I recorded using my DV camera, and converted it to Quicktime 320x240 using the Photo JPEG compression(100%) and audio at 8bit mono, 7875khz(that's what premiere's viewer said the videos used) Well, it didn't work. The camera sees the video, but just says Cannot display file, or something like that.

Any ideas? And sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, I just like trying different things :roll:
The_Other_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2004, 12:02 PM   #2

Don't have a definitely answer just a couple of possible ideas.
1) I've got the Dimage A1 and noticed it always creates thumbnail (thm) files with video - perhaps this file also contains information needed for playback - don't know.
2) Second possibility is that your conversion program uses a different JPEG compression algorithm than is used by the camera - not familiar with MOV possibilities.
3) Also, are you sure you are converting at the right fps rate? I only asked because this is the only spec. you didn't mention. I believe the 7875khz is the audio rate - you must also assure the video rate matches.
Again - I haven't done this and am not an expert pehaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in. (I've used WinMPG to convert in the other direction - from MOV to AVI in order to integrate clips into other applications that can't read MOV).
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote