Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 31, 2004, 8:51 AM   #1
Default Q: Titl/swivel flash for A2?

I am considering buying the A2 soon, and I want an external flash for it. I'd love to get the 5600 but it's a bit expensive (to me anyway :-). What other flashes (third party) are there that are fully dedicated with the A1/A2 that both tilt and swivel?

mnystedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2004, 7:51 PM   #2

From what I have read, the next best thing to the Minolta 5600 is the Sigma EF500DG Super--depending on where you are, it's about half the price. There is a dedicated Minolta model that is [almost] feature for feature identical to the 5600.

I am planning on getting one myself, but I'm waiting for the updated version rumored to be released by the end of March (now). The update version is supposed to allow mult-flash to work automatically. With the current version, the only way to get multi-flash to [sort of] work is to set the camera for manual exposure, release the shutter, and then trigger the flash manually--sort of hit or miss as reported by folks who have used the 500DG with the Minolta Ax cameras.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote