Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 3, 2004, 11:08 AM   #1
Default Maxxum 3200i Flash

I have a Minolta Maxxum 7000i with a 3200i flash. The flash has a power zoom that automatically adjusts for focal lengths of 28 thru 85mm with direct TTL autoflash metering. I am thinking of gettting the A1. Would this flash and it's power zoom work with this camera, and if so only in the 28 thru 85 mm range? What happens beyond that - would it just go to full power?

Thanks, Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2004, 4:04 PM   #2

See here:

or here: http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=275

Your best best is to get the Sigma 500DG Super, it has the power rating of the 5600HS(D) for the same price as the 3600HS(D): http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/news/500dg_super.htm
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:56 AM   #3

I purchased the Konika Minolta Z2 Digital Camera this past June & have good luck with it. I wanted to get a decent shoe mount flash as a Christmas present to myself & was planning on the Minolta 5600HS (D), but was talked into the Sigma EF Super 500 DG, supposedly because is was a more powerful flash unit than the 5600. I purchased the Sigma & used it over the Christmas holiday. The photo's (mostly family stuff) came out somewhat underexposed using the AUTO setting on the camera & Auto TTL on the Sigma. The one thing I didn't like & have read in other forums, is that the Sigma, when slid onto the camera shoe mount, wobbles back & forth, which is both annoying & not very secure. The Sigma flash focal length coverage is 28 - 105 mm & the Minolta is 28 - 85 mm. I am serioulsy considering returning the Sigma where I bought it & get the 5600, which was my original choice. Any suggestions on the two would be most helpful. Thanks
lacness is offline   Reply With Quote