Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 6, 2004, 4:30 AM   #1
Default Minolta Dimage Z2 vs 6490

Yeah you read the subject, I'm new to digital cameras, but these high zoom 4 MP digital cameras companies are coming out with seems great.
So which one would be better, Minolta Dimage Z2 or the Kodak 6490 camera? They are very similar in price, so I'm looking at features here.
madman7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2004, 9:37 PM   #2

I can't answer your question, but my local Sams Club has the Kodak for $418. I'm leaning toward the Z2 because of faster focus times, less shutter lag, and better video features.
cassidyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2004, 1:51 AM   #3

In addition to what cassidy mentioned, the Z2 has more options such as manual focus, plus it has a hotshoe. I believe the Kodak uses a Lithium-Ion battery while the Z2 uses regular AA batteries. On the other hand, the Kodak has higher ISO option (800 vs. 400 on the Minolta) and higher possible shutter speed (1700 vs. 1000). IMO, the usefullness of the Z2's overall speed (i.e. faster focus, lower shutter lag time) is more important than the higher ISO and shutter speed options, but what you would prefer depends on your needs.
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote