Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 18, 2004, 4:07 PM   #1
Default Minolta Z2 is AMZING!

I have used a few digicams and could never afford something like a DSLR! But the Z2 is incredible! I wish I could post some pics I have made. The CX2 processor WORKS! I owned the Z1 before this and, believe me I can assure you that the image upgrade is visible. I am loving it! Batt. life is AMAZING! 10x zoom! manual controls! Superior jpeg algorithms because even the 3mp Z1 used up more memory than the 4mp Z2. I never use the AUTO mode or SCENE MODES! I keep it in P and use ISO 50 most of the time and I always use presets for white balance. No camera is perfect. Right?
zham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2004, 1:55 AM   #2

Yes, I like it. I am also taking photos with ISO50 and P mode settings, in special cases need to switch to S, A or even M mode (especially taking photos at night). I like the quality of the pictures (outdoor pictures).

But if you like to take good indoor pictures, you need an external flash.

It is a good camera for it's price.
Rayfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 8:55 PM   #3

What is you feel for Z2 vs. Powershot S1 IS?

How about Image blur at full zoom i.e. do you frequently have to use a Tripod at Full 10 X?

I am stuck between FZ10, Powershot S1 and Dimage Z2. If any of you can give some advice on narrowing down between the three I would appreciate it?

FInally, Since the Z2 does not have low light Af assist Lamp, how has your experience been with in shooting low light shots?
photo is offline   Reply With Quote