Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 23, 2004, 7:04 AM   #1

I am a newbieand have no idea about lens quality. I am wanting to get a wide angle lens and a telephoto lens (2x) for my A1. I have been looking on Ebay and there are those rather inexpensive package deals that says they are for the A1 with both lens together for around $80.00 and they throw in this and that with them. I also know Minolta makes a lens for around $169.00 for the dimage. I know so little but wanting to learn so much!!!! Has anyone tried any of these??
kmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2004, 10:28 AM   #2

Virtually none of the aftermarket addon lenses will work without vignetting, including the telephotos. To avoid the vignette you must zoom out a ways, usually 30 to 50% of the way to eliminate the problem, but also eliminating the reason for buying the wide convertors.

The wide and tele adaptors from Minolta should work properly as they are designed specifically for the D7 and A1/2 lens.

Basically, you pay for what you get.

amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2004, 2:09 AM   #3

The only add on lenses to consider for an A1 arethe proprietary Minolta attachments (expensive but good, though the tele is only 1.5X), Olympus and Raynox. All the rest either don'tfit, vignetteor are rubbish quality.Olympus do a good 1.7X converter (TCON-17) and Raynox have a new 2.2X converter out, which looks promising. (See the thread inAdd-on lenses).
Technophile is offline   Reply With Quote