Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 28, 2002, 2:20 AM   #1
Default 7Hi lighting systems?

Hi all. First post here. One of the most interesting things I've read concerning this new Monolta camera vs. the Nikon 5700, is its purported ability to electronically sense and control an external/wireless flash, or what's been called "professional lighting systems", etc. Could anyone refer to what this capability really means, or what types and/or brands of flash systems are being talked about in this literature? Does the Sony 717 have similar capabilities? Thanks much.

websounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2002, 6:03 AM   #2

The D7i and D7Hi can control wirelessly several HS5600(D) or HS3500(D) external flashes as long as they are set on the same channel as the camera.

There are a total of 4 channels available, so up to 4 users can shoot simultaneoulsy without triggereing one another flashes... The HS5600(D) and HS3500(D) can also be controlled by an IR remote controller on their film cameras, but this device does not work on the D7i or D7Hi. The actual flash beam from the built-in flash or another HS5600(D) or HS3500(D) mounted on the camera (and also extend the wireless remote range) hotshoe control the other external flashes digitally through encoded high-speed flash bursts before and after the main burst (they are just too fast for the naked eye to see or affect the camera exposure)!

It appears that Metz might also have wireless adapters that'll work for their brand but I am not positive. I don't believe any other digicam has this wireless feature at this time except for their film cameras or film based dSLRs (ie Canon and Nikon through their SU-4 adapter!)

[Edited on 9-28-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote