Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 29, 2002, 3:12 AM   #1
Default Add on lenses

I've got an original D7 with the upgrade and I just love it. As far as I can see it has just one drawback - no extra lenses! I don't want third party add-ons, I want real honest to goodness Minolta branded hardware which I know will screw straight on to the front of the camera and work, no mess, no bother. So where are these Minolta lenses? Answer: There aren't any! Question: Why on earth not??? I'd like to go out to 400mm without using the digital zoom and still get decent A4 prints.
David Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2002, 6:26 AM   #2

Are there any decent 3rd party ones?
websounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2002, 7:11 AM   #3

Olympus A-200 1.5X attaches directly to D7

Olympus B-300 1.7X with 49-55mm step up ring
NOBLE306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2002, 3:50 PM   #4

I don't care about telephoto attachments, there are plenty of good ones out there, what I want is a WIDE angle addon.

I love the lens on the dimage 7. 28mm is wider than most every other camera out there, but I would like something to get me down between 20 to 24mm.

The 7 lens is VERY well known for vignetting, even with just a filter at 28mm. If minolta does not make a wide angle for this camera, I doubt we will see one. It just does not seem like minolta even considered addon lenses, wide or telephoto.

But we can always hope.

Almost forgot. Century Precision Optics makes great add on lenses for video. I have not tried any on the 7, but I would think the telephotos would work. But you will pay as much for a Century lens as you probably paid for your 7.

I do have a wide angle for my Sony PC-1 camcorder, and it is beautiful.

[Edited on 9-29-2002 by amazingthailand]
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote