Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 27, 2004, 11:04 AM   #1

was wondering if anyone had any opinions as to which camera they would pick and why.
I have been reading that the s7000 has some very high compression and a lot of noise, but it has 1mp more resolution than the 7hi.

How noticeable is this if prints are kept to 8X11 or smaller or larger for that matter?

There are some other minor differences, but I can sort those out on my own. Image qualtiy was my biggest question.

Thanx for any help,

Hyoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2004, 7:08 AM   #2

You won't be disappointed with the print of the 7000. If you are worried about compression effects, capture it in raw mode and use software to compress it.

The people who complained about the compression looked at the images on a screen at full resolution. So, at 72dpi (standard screen) they were viewing a 12mp image (roughly 4,000x3,000) at an effective size of 55" x 41"......

alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 2:46 PM   #3

Thanx for the reply.. that was extremely helpful

Hyoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 6:39 PM   #4

I just went though the same decision.. I looked at both cameras and liked both. Then i started reading upp on the specs of both cameras and ended up on picking the 7hi.

Being a long time minolta owner(35mm..x-700 and a maxxum 5) i was slightly leaning in the direction of the minolta ,until i saw the 7000 at a local camera store.

I decided on the minolta for a few reasons(right or wrong).

1. Firmilarity with minolta's cameras.

2. the zoom lens made me feel more like i was holding/usinga regular 35mm lens(just don't like the electronic zooms)

3.100 iso as opposed to 200iso.

I got the 7hi a few days ago from KEH and so far i am estatic. I love the camera's feel and its usabilty. Im still getting used to it , but i know i made the right choice. I'm sure the fuji is a great camera(i own a fuji finepix 1300 digital and for what it is, it a good little camera. )One thing i noticed about the 7Hi is it seems to have more noise than other cameras at lower iso's , but i downloaded neat image and use it on the picts and they come out beautiful.

Let us know what you decided.

FrankDawsonJr is offline   Reply With Quote