Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 6, 2004, 3:19 AM   #1

I am considering to buy the wide angle converter lens for my Z2 because I'd like to take real wide angle pictures. I'd like to here some comments from people who got this converter to undertand the following:

- overall, is it worth to buy it (in terms of image quality, quality for price ecc...)?

- does this converter includes a standard filter converter ring so that I can use standard filters for my z2?

Thank you very much.
iacopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2004, 9:21 AM   #2

Images are a bit soft at the edges and there is barrel distortion - I don't useit a lot as 38mm is fine for what I do.

I do use it for pics if cars though and the results are excellent - the tube stays on the camera all the time for mounting filters (52mm standard) and a lens hood - the hood is invaluable for taking pics when it's raining.

Glad I bought it.

Tik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 8:03 AM   #3

Tik (Chris)'s info about the ZCW-100 isaccurate. One facthe did not mention is that the ZCW-100 is not useful for indoor flash photography unless you have an external flash. With the inbuilt flash the adapter lens casts a pretty big shadow at the bottom center of the frame. I have a ZCW-100 and seldom use it.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote