Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 23, 2004, 9:39 AM   #1

I have a Z3 and I am finding that in low light situations it tends to lock up on me. I have to turn it off and on again . It is getting very frustrating , and its making me wonder if I got a lemon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:47 AM   #2

You may want to try formatting your memory card (with the camera, not the PC), just in case it's corrupted in some way.

I have not seen anyone report lockups in low light (although lockups in continuous mode with the original firmware were common). I'd make sure to upgrade to firmware version 1.02 if you haven't already. This seems to fix the continuous mode lockup probems reported:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 6:22 PM   #3

The newer firmware has fixed the lockup problems people experience. To find out what your firmware is,

[align=left]Checking the camera software version[/align]

[align=left](1) Press the main switch to turn on the camera.[/align]
[align=left](2) Press the menu button.[/align]
[align=left](3) Press the right key of the controller, select SETUP icon, and press the center of the controller to display the setup menu.[/align]
[align=left](4) Confirm that the section 1 menu tab is highlighted, and press the macro mode button. A window will open to indicate the software version.[/align]
[align=left]Be sure to read the installations instructioins thoroughly. Put in a fresh set of batteries, just in case.[/align]
KueH is offline   Reply With Quote