Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 10, 2004, 9:15 AM   #1

I've checked the forums and haven't seen this problem here yet... my F100, just a little more than 2 years old, has suddenly developed a problem where the zoom buttons don't zoom, instead it seems stuck on manual focus in all modes (even auto). The lens moves in and out but it's not zooming.

I've tried setting the focus to auto, resetting all of the settings, and removing the batteries to force a hard reset, but nothing seems to work. The camera works fine as long as I don't zoom.

And in a related question, is there an internal battery that saves the settings when you remove the 2AA batteries? It seems like there is one but it doesn't look accessible, and it's becoming a pain to reset everything when I change the batteries.
mgrabois is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2004, 10:00 PM   #2

Hi mgrabois! I think the zoom button problem is the mechanical problem and you probably can't fix it yourself ! I suggest you bring it back to Minolta technical centre to repair it !

On the other hand, about the reset problem, I have this problem before and the Minolta staff told me that I have to exchange the internal battery to solve this problem ! In Hong Kong they charge me US$100 to change this battery ! I don't know how much will they charge you but you probably can't change it yourself unless you use the screwdriver to open the DC !

Hope this can help you !

gapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 8:08 PM   #3

I have the F100. I don't have the focusing problem you are referring to (sorry).

My camera doesn't lose settings when changing batteries (when I do it quickly) unless it has been depleted. There probably is a capacitor or small battery inside that keeps this information. I used to fix laptops and had to replace those batteries all the time. They do go bad from time to time.

Sorry I couldn't help you.
spamcollectorz is offline   Reply With Quote