Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 28, 2004, 2:04 PM   #1

I am looking fora digital camera and the specs of the Minolta A2 look great. However looking a some of the test reports and other information on the internet, I read frequently that the pictures are not always sharp. This makes me a bitnervous and I wonder; how bad is it? is it different for one camera to the other? can the problem be spotted when you check it outin the shop?does the problemonly show up incertain situations? ....? Any comments, thoughts or experiences are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cornelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2004, 5:02 PM   #2

I have owned my A2 for 4 months now. My previous cam was a 7Hi. I cannot tell you that I have never got out of focus pics, but I can tell you that you have to learn the feel of the camera and LOOK at the locked on image in view finder before you take the shot. You learn to listen for the beep notification of focus lock and LOOK IN THE EVF at what it actually has locked on. Most of the time it has simply locked on the wrong object in the screen. However that said, there are still a few rare times that the camera is simply fooled when it locks focus. You learn to look at the image when it locks and check it, and release the shutter button and do it again if it did not lock right. I do not think that this camera is any more prone to this problem than other brands.
hgmech is offline   Reply With Quote