Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 23, 2004, 9:45 AM   #1

Okay, let me start off by saying Im no expert photographer, actually Im about as amateur as it gets. I currently have a Sony DSC-P32 3.2 MP camera. It has no optical zoom and the video is about 14fps... It takes what I would consider decent pictures... when outside and enough light, i would say pretty nice pictures. But I have never printed any off yet as I need a nice printer also...

anyway, Im wanting to upgrade. I really want a camera that can take NICE pictures that I can print off. 90% of my pictures will be standard 4x6 but occasionally I might wanna go up to 5x7, 6x8, etc... who knows, if one picture turns out REAL nice I might wanna do a poster size or something?? (12x15 or whatever that equals too) but mainly, just smaller sizes...

other than the quality, i want the camera to be able to take nice little video clips. Thats what attracted me to these as they both are 30fps, but the A200 has 800x600 but I think can only be used at 15fps?? (WHY???)

both have anti shake, capable or upgrading to bigger zoom, wide angle, etc lens...

Im very interested in getting more serious into the photography thing, so I dont wanna cut myself short... I dont mind the extra few dollars is the A200 is suppior, but then again... I dont wanna pay the extra money if its pointless...

so basically my question is..

1. will the extra 4mp do me any good at small prints? if a picture is taken at 8MP, does that make a 4x6 picture any better quality?

2. if videos are gonna be burned on DVD and shown on a tv, would I ever even use the 800x600@15fps?? I think the 30fps is better for TV, but would the picture just be smaller screen on the TV or what??

any other thoughts/ideas to help me decide???

00bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links