Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:41 PM   #1

I am the owner of a Konica KD 500Z digital camera
I have Windows ME.
I have always been able to download the photographs onto the computer until a couple of days ago. When I plug in the camera with the USB lead, I do not get the 'removable device' icon when I click on My Computer. The link up to the computer seems to be connecting properly as the camera lights up briefly as it always has done.
Please could someone suggest how I can remedy the situation?
Bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:34 PM   #2

I'd try the obvious stuff first, like rebooting your PC and seeing if it will connect then. Have you installed anything new that could be causing a conflict (printer, etc.)? You may want to try unplugging any other USB devices to see if they're causing a conflict.I've seen some software cause conflicts, too (for example, HP's printer monitor software).

BTW, an undocumented feature in firmware version 3.38a for the KD-510z is dramatically faster transfers via USB. So, I suspect that they may have changed the way USB works with the KD-500z firmware, too. Here is the link to it:

KD-500z version 3.38 Firmware Upgrade

Of course, you could always buy an inexpensive card reader for transferring your photos.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote