Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:34 AM   #1

Hi all,

I am choosing a camera and I got to the point where I narrowed my choices to Minolta A200 and Sony P150. I realize these are entirely different cameras, one being ultra-compact (also cheaper) and the other bigger but better as far as optics and options are concerned (correct me if I am wrong). I am not yet sure which of those qualities is more important to me :?:

But, that aside, as much as I don't intend to use it mostly as a camcoder, I would like the camera I buy to have nice video quality for occasional movies. Somehow movie quality became a key decision point in my process of choosing.

I've seen the samples posted here taken from both cameras:

and just by looking at it, it seems that the sony movie is far superior. But the scene shot with the A200 is very much different (fast action). So it's really hard to compare.

Any comments on this subject from anyone who had contact with both cameras would be highly appreciated. If anyone is able and willing to actually hold up both and make two movies (10s or so) of the same scene at 640x480 30fps, that would be absolutely sweet. If not, any number of HQ movie samples from the A200 is higly appreciated (I have some P150 samples from my friend's family videos).

Also, as far as A200 is concerned, what do you play those MOV's with? Is there any player available other than QuickTime?

Is it true, that the movie length on the A200 is limited to 15 minutes, and specifically is it so at 640x480 @ 30fps (I mean isn't the limit lower at high quality)?

md is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links