Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:38 AM   #1

Has anyone experience with this wide angle convertor ZCW-300 KIT for Konica Minolta Z3 and the future Z5 ?
- size / weight ?
- is it easy to plug on the camera and to remove ?
- do we directly plug the converter into the camera or do we need a additional tube ?
- is it "plug and play" or, once attached to the camera, do we need to change sth in the menu of the camera ?
- is the image quality acceptable ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
PP11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2005, 6:43 PM   #2

Well you need an adapter tube with it.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If your going to use the lense you can change it in the settings. Just forgot where is it there. But you can leave it on for taking pics.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"For quality I dont know since I'm just using an aftermarket one.
DENZILDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 12:33 AM   #3

PP11 wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone experience with this wide angle convertor ZCW-300 KIT for Konica Minolta Z3 and the future Z5 ?
- size / weight ?
- is it easy to plug on the camera and to remove ?
- do we directly plug the converter into the camera or do we need a additional tube ?
- is it "plug and play" or, once attached to the camera, do we need to change sth in the menu of the camera ?
- is the image quality acceptable ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
The ZCW-300 kit consists of the .75 converter lens, an adapter tube and a lens pouch. To attach it to the camera you screw the adapter tube into threads around the base of the lens and then screw the conveter lens onto the adapter tube. In the menu of the camera is a section to select the wide adapter. Once this done the camera zooms to full wide angle and stays fixed at that focal length. The zoom buttons no longer function. This is as it should be because there is no reason to use the wide converter at any other focal length than full wide angle. I have the ZCW-100 for my Z1 so I can't really comment on the quality of the ZCW-300 but I suspect it is the same lens as the 100 with a different adapter tube. My experience with the100 is that it is of good quality. It does tend to magnify the barrel distortion of the main lens and has a bit of softness in the corners. Also if you try to use it with the inbuilt flash it will cast a shadow in the lower portion of the picture.If you want to take indoor flash photos with it you will need an external flash to get the desired results.In spite of these limitations it will give acceptable results for those times you needa widerangle viewandcan't physically move back far enough to get the picture you want.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:47 PM   #4

hello Puck M, can you please take a moment and check this thread http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...23&forum_id=50
maybe you knew answers for some of my questions?
Thanks!
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote