Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:51 PM   #1

It would like some tips to save the batteries of Z3, which of these factorsyou find influence:
- Had to its differentiated mechanism, exist economy using viewfinder of that lcd?
- Its system anti-shake, disp+exp or only exp
-Turn offorremain in the way of battery economy.

Some tips?
Sorry my english
Diego Dotta
diegodotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2005, 8:25 PM   #2

1. can't say anything about viewfinder, since I use lcd display most of time and when have hard lighting conditions use viewfinder.
2. I've found antishake too useful to disable it, so couldn't say much on this as well, there is some economy when you use exposure only mode but it doesn't work for me as I found that antishake help me to focus much faster with extended zoom, so can't say how longer your accu serve you with exposure only.
3. I always turn off camera when doesn't waiting for something to appear as z3 starting very quickly. I also believe that is no much battery consumption in the standby mode.

I've also found that on single focusing mode you can get about quarter more pictures than in full time focusing more.

BTW may I know why do you asking about battery life? it's just perfect on Z3 IMHO, I don't even have my second battery set with me all the time, as one set is lasting pretty long. I can shot several 256mb cards with one set, and recharge battery only once a week. If you have less battery life maybe look for better accumulators? BTW I'm using Uniross 2300Mah and GP 2300 Mah
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote