Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 19, 2002, 10:46 AM   #1
Default Household Cavalry website needs help with Dimage 7i

Hi there, I am a total newbie to the concept of digital photograpy. Before this year, the last time I used a camera seriously was about 30 years ago! In those days I was using a Leica M3, a wide angle Rollieflex and a very early Pentax Spotmatic!

These days I am running a website for members of the Queen's Life Guard (The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment) at http://www.hcmr-photos.org.uk. We have been providing up to date (and very amateur) digital images of the QLG.

For the first two months I was using a borrowed, conventional, compact camara (Nikon Lite Touch 70W Zoom) and scanning in the photographs. Now we have a new Minolta Dimage 7i and I have been learning how to use it this week.

Could any please point me in the right direction to find a decent tutorial on how to use this excellent camera, or offer any advice on the results so far. I especially need help on the longer shots and how to get the best focus and sharpness. I use Photoshop 7 to prepare the images for the website
amcbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2002, 11:19 AM   #2

There has been a lot on getting sharp focus in recent posts. I suggest doing a search on "focus" and see if that is a help to you.
charlibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2002, 11:26 AM   #3

The D7 series can be handled and operated like a complete manual classic camera, plus the WISIWYG ( what you see is what you get) feature in manual.
Learn to master it’s auto-focus behavior ( wide area, spot, flex ,manual focus modes ) and the numerous settings (color,ISO, …etc) and you will be amazed by it’s power.
In case of panic, press “Panic P ” button , it will revert to default auto-focus/exposure …

Live (real time) histogram is also an digicam exclusive helpful feature.
May be you may miss the little exposure needle
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 12:25 PM   #4

Thanks for all your advice on using the D7i. I've been out at Horse Guards each day this week, and I guess as I learn more about the camera, the shots get better and sharper... Today was dull, dark and wet, but I had great fun learning to use the spot metering function... I wish I could alter the size of the spot as I still catch the wrong part of the image I am trying to capture.

Today's efforts have just been uploaded. http://www.hcmr-photos.org.uk/photos...61-20th-11.jpg is just an example!
amcbryan is offline   Reply With Quote