Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 10, 2005, 11:42 AM   #1

:sad:Hi,Hi, my Nikon 4500 quit on me, and will be too much to repair. I used this everyday to take reptile pictures, for pleasure, and for my website. I just choose the Minolta Dimage X50 because I thought my Nikon had too many features I did not use. I mainly took many macro shots of my lizards, which were great quaility. Anyway now that I have ordered the Dimage X50 I'm finding more and more reveiws saying picture quality is not good. I'm about to cry. Is this true ? Thanks a sad , Suncharmers
suncharmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:43 PM   #2

I've heard mixed reviews on this camera. Anyway, the review on this link have decent sample pictures. Maybe because they're taken outdoor. My friend has one and she send it back a couple days agobecause there was so much noise in her pictures. Maybe you should try it out and if you're not satisfied, you should send it back. Hope this was any help~
lizzyxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 2:05 PM   #3

I just got the Konica Minolta DiMAGE X50, after some 50 pictures, I compare the image quality to my 4 MP Olympus D40Z camera, I think X50 is lacking, it has lots noise, I try indoor and outdoor shots, you can see the noise is all over the picture, I am very disappointed at this, I have read reviews and saw the sample of the pictures online, but its nothing like the picture I took, as a test, I download these sample picture, the picture Properties shows the Creation Software version is 1.00, my picture shows Version 1.01, I think they somehow change some setting in the camera, i.e. jpeg compression level is too high, that cost the noise. I did set my setting to fine and highest resolution. Also its made in Indonesia, instead of Made in Japan, like the picture from Steves review site, http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...dimagex50.html I like the size of this camera, but the noise on the pictures is just not acceptable, I am of returning it. I know there are software program the can reduce the noise, but that's just extra work. my next choice Nikon S1, waiting....
newOrder is offline   Reply With Quote