Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 24, 2002, 9:54 AM   #11

Manual- but then you will have to do all the calcs/estimates yourself. then i suggest you carry a few sets of batteries or an external powerpack for the strobe because it will take 7+ seconds to recycle and will suck the AAs dry fairly quickly. with the HP powerpack i have it's a 3 second recycle time on manual. it also powers the camera too.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2002, 11:42 AM   #12

Why manual? Shouldn't the 5600 be able to handle that range automatically?
Steve Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2002, 8:06 AM   #13

The camera will handle the range automatically, but as you can see from your shots the exposure will not be consistent... The camera will try to adjust for each shots depending on the brightness of the jerseys worn by players.

On manual the exposure will be fixed (right or wrong). Take test shots first, review them, and the exposure should stay relatively constant during the game! BTW it'll also speed up the camera since the camera does'nt have to do the metering anymore... Ditto if you change to manual focus since your position to the goal post is also relatively fixed!

BTW the 5600HS-D won't pre-flash in manual (as in other cameras, to trigger slave) so there's potential for battery saving here as well as faster charging time... but you must overide the EVF (i+ and SELECT @ the same time)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote