Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 26, 2002, 8:49 AM   #1
Default 7i and microscopes

The Minolta 7i is my second digital camera. My first (Nikon 990) worked great shooting through a microscope just by snuggling that little lens inside a rubber cup on my microscope (stereo) eyepiece. So far I have failed to get results with the 7i. The large lens does not fit in the cup and even removing the rubber piece leaves a lot of vignetting (more like a little circle in the center of the frame).

Can anyone suggest how I can adapt the 7i to a microscope, telescope, spotting scope or anything else minimizing vignetting? Is there an adapter that would help?

Question 2: I have been supporting the (heavy) body of the 7i when trying to shoot through a scope in fear that the lens mount itself might not be sturdy enough to hold the weight of the camera if it was held only by an adapter. Has anyone had trouble with damage to the lens tube or focussing mechanism caused by hanging weight on the front of the camera? This could be a problem some of the Raynox type add ons as well as scopes.
dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2002, 10:41 PM   #2

Post that question over on Bryan Biggers' forum. I know he has done some work with the camera and telescopes:

JimHunt is offline   Reply With Quote